Exercises 3/30/09




I've been experiencing a bit of an artist block so I decided to just sit down and work even though there were no ideas in my empty little head. The results are above. Mostly I wanted to try some watercolor techniques but Rubber Duck is the only one that stayed watercolor all the way through. Hoodie and Skull both began as watercolors but the addition of ink and acrylic completely changed the look and feel.

Of the three I am pleased with Rubber Duck and maybe Hoodie. Skull is a bit overdone IMO (It looked a lot better pre-acrylic). Most likely I will cut these up (maybe not the duck) to use in other projects as they aren't too thrilling - but they were good for loosening up and I learned a bit about watercolors.

Comments

Popular Posts