Seated Nude April 2012


Seated Nude April 2012
Acrylic and charcoal on canvas panel. 16x 20

It has been a while since I've posted anything. I have been working on some projects and trying to get my interest back but it was not easy at first. Now I feel a lot better and more excited about seeing what comes next. I suppose springtime might have something to do with my change in mood. 

This was an exercise. I wanted to see how well the charcoal would work on the acrylic. I am pleased with the effect and it isn't TOO Giacometti (not that that would be bad). I have a bunch of other sketches that I have been working on but I decided to start with this one as it is the biggest and I think it is indicative of the direction I think I will be taking in the coming months, in style and subject. This figure is purposefully not "ideal". He has a rounded tummy, sagging chest, thin arms, a flaccid dick, and a sad face. Amazingly this too represents the male form. Look for this theme to continue.  

Comments

Popular Posts